The building inspector is responsible for routine inspections, residential and business construction, and general fire safety. Contact the Building Department for:
- Building permits
- Information on new buildings or building lots
- Building alterations or additions
- Building and fire code information
- Disabled access requirements
- Enforcement of town codes
- Town Zoning Ordinances and maps
- Swimming pool installation
- Sheds and detached garages
- Decks and fences
Per Section 128-82 of the Town Zoning Code, no person shall alter or add to any existing structure, or construct a new structure or part thereof, nor change the use of any building without a valid zoning and building permit issued by the building inspector.
Building Permits & Fee Schedule
for permits and inspections.
If you have any questions as to whether something requires a zoning and building permit, contact the Building Division at ext. 1112 and they would be happy to assist you.
The town enforces the New York State Fire Prevention and Building Code. Local ordinances are available at the building inspector's office for review.