Important Payment Information
- Property tax bills are mailed in early January
- Penalties will be applied to unpaid tax bills after January 31
- February's penalty period is 1%
- March's penalty period is 2%
- The town offers four methods to pay your bill: mail, in person, bank draft or online by debit/credit
- Receiver stub MUST be included with your property tax payment or it will be returned to sender
- In the event you did not receive a property tax bill and you do not have escrow, please call 518-439-4955, ext. 1181.
Pay By Mail
Property Tax payments can be mailed to:
Town of Bethlehem Tax
PO Box 981011
Boston, MA 02298
Town of Bethlehem Tax Department
445 Delaware Avenue
Delmar, NY 12054
*Payments from title companies, attorneys or banks should be mailed to 445 Delaware Avenue, Delmar, NY 12054
Note: The Town no longer collects school tax payments. For more information, please click here
Pay In Person
Property owners can make payments at the following locations for your convenience:
- Town Hall, 445 Delaware Avenue, Delmar, NY 12054
- Capital Bank (Price Chopper Plaza), 1365 New Scotland Road, Slingerlands, NY 12159
- National Bank of Coxsackie, 331 Route 9W, Glenmont, NY 12077
- Pioneer Bank – Delmar Branch, 184 Delaware Avenue, Delmar, NY 12054
- Pioneer Bank – Glenmont Branch, 329 Glenmont Road, Glenmont, NY 12077
*If you are paying your tax bill at a bank, please bring your entire bill so the bank can receipt the top portion of the bill for your records.
If paying at Town Hall, bring your bill and payment to the Tax Department located on the ground level floor at 445 Delaware Avenue, Delmar. The office is open from 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., closed for lunch from 12:30 to 1:30 p.m., and open from 1:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. For in person payments the town accepts cash, checks, and money orders.
A drop box is available for tax payments. The drop box is located by the recycling bin in the Town Hall parking lot. Payments can be deposited in this secure drop box but please read and follow these guidelines:
- Absolutely no cash payments will be accepted.
- The box will be emptied each business day.
- Payments should be placed in an envelope.
Bank Draft - Automatic Payment Option
Homeowners can enroll in auto-payment program that automatically deducts the amount due from your checking or savings account. There is no fee for this service for property tax bills
View Property Tax Bill Info and Receipts Online
You can view your property tax bills and receipts online using our Town Assessment and Tax Information
link on the View Online Property Tax Bill/Receipt page.
Pay Online By Debit/Credit Card
The town has partnered with a 3rd party vendor, Value Payments Systems, to offer online debit/credit card payments for your water/sewer bill (Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, e-Check). Value Payments Systems charges a small convenience fee for their service. The town receives only the actual amount of your bill. Residential Water/Sewer convenience fee $1.99 debit, $2.49 credit. Commercial Water/Sewer convenience fee 2.5% debit/credit ($1.99 minimum commercial fee). All non-Water/Sewer payment convenience fee 1.00% debit, 2.39% credit, e-Check $1.50 ($1.95 minimum non-tax fee).
Pay Water/Sewer Bill by Debit/Credit Card
Pay Property Tax Bill by Debit/Credit Card