The Town of Bethlehem Highway Department is seeking Seasonal Laborers who are at least 18 years of age to perform manual tasks based on the season. These tasks will include, but are not limited to:
- Collecting brush, branches, containerized grass and leaves and placing them in a collection truck.
- Sweeping walks, collecting litter, cutting brush, and mowing lawns
- Raking leaves into a vacuum type collection machine
- Replacing sod and top soiling lawns damaged by snowplows
- Other manual labor tasks as required
Work will be performed outside in all types of weather conditions. Once hired, Seasonal Laborers will be required to have safety toe work boots and gloves, and will report to the Town Highway Garage at 74 Elm Avenue East in Selkirk. Work hours will be Monday – Friday from 7:00 AM to 3:30 PM (8 hour day). The rate of pay will be $15.00/hour.
Please send a completed employment application to: Mary Tremblay-Glassman, Director of Human Resources, Town of Bethlehem, 445 Delaware Avenue, Delmar, NY 12054