The Town of Bethlehem Justice Court holds sessions for small claims and civil matters twice a month, generally on the second and fourth Tuesdays each month at 5:00 p.m.
A small claim form
is available to print for your convenience. However, you must file the claim in person between 8:30 a.m. and 4 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Small Claims Requirements
Civil Matters Requirements
- There is a $3,000 limit for small claims actions.
- The defendant (the person or business you wish to bring to court) must live within the Town of Bethlehem or have an office for the transaction of business or regular employment within the Town.
- There are detailed small claims booklets available at the Town Court which can thoroughly answer many questions you might have.
- The fee for filing a claim of $1 to $1000 is $10. The fee for filing a claim in the amount of $1001 to $3000 is $15. (A service fee of 2.99% of the payment amount will be assessed on all credit card payments.)
- Please contact the court directly for specific dates and times.
- There is a $20 filing fee for evictions. (A service fee of 2.99% of the payment amount will be assessed on all credit card payments.)