Bethlehem Senior Services can assist with:
- Transportation – to medical and other related appointments, grocery shopping, local hairdressers and barbers (see brochure for details)
- Social, Recreational and Educational Programming (see Newsletter)
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Information and Assistance with services – program eligibility assistance, Meals on Wheels, Personal Emergency Response Systems (PERS), adult day programs, Sheriff’s Special Needs Registry, Veterans information, etc.
- Family meetings to discuss aging related concerns such as driving, home safety and planning for the future
- Caregiving concerns and referrals to agencies for care at home
- Support Groups for Alzheimer’s Disease and other forms of dementias
- Housing information
- Health Insurance Information Counseling and Assistance Program (HIICAP)
- Advanced Directives - Health Care Proxy, Living Will, Medical Orders for Life-Sustaining Treatment (MOLST)
- Bethlehem Food Pantry sponsored by Bethlehem Senior Projects, Inc.
- Community Loan Closet (walkers, wheelchairs, commodes, raised toilet seats, etc.)
- AARP Safe Driving Course / AARP Tax Counseling
- Legal Referrals and Senior Legal Services Program
For more information about our programs and services, please call the Senior Services Department at 518-439-4955, extension 1176.